Invitation to Handicapped & Disabled Veterans
Guinn Construction, LLC is subject to Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act og 1973 and 38 USC 2012 of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 which requires affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified handicapped individuals, qualified disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam Era.
If you are handicapped, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam Era and would like to be considered under the affirmative action program, please tell us. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to discharge or disciplinary treatment.
Information shall be kept confidential, except that:
- Supervisors and managers man be informed regarding restrictions on the work or duties of handicapped individuals and disabled veterans, and regarding necessary accommodations.
- First aid and safety personnel may be informed when and to the extend appropriate, if the condition might require emergency treatment.
- Government officials investigating compliance with the acts shall be informed.
If you are handicapped or have a disability, we would like to include you under the affirmative action program. It would assist us if you tell us about:
- Any special methods, skills, and procedures which qualify you for positions that you might not otherwise be able to do because of your handicap, or the skills and procedures you use or intend to use to perform the job not withstanding the disability
- The accommodations we could make which would enable you to perform the job properly and safely, including special equipment, changes in the physical layout of the job, elimination of certain duties relating to the job or other accommodations.